Elevate your riding
If a cross country bike met a trail bike out in the woods, they fell in love and had a child, what would that bike be? How about Niner's new AIR 9? The perfect blend of cross country quickness mixed with a rowdier attitude. Run it geared. Run it singlespeed. Comfortable enough for all day riding and quick enough to pin it at the races, the new AIR 9 handles what you throw at it. Genetically engineered? Maybe not. But it sure is fun to ride.
Let's face it. The AIR 9, Niner's lightweight aluminum hardtail, has always been capable. So how do you make capable even better? For one thing, you keep the excellent qualities of Niner's tried and true, hydroformed aluminum. Lightweight and snappy, poppy and peepy, the AIR 9 has plenty of stiffness to get you up to speed when you stomp on the pedals. Next, apply our [R]evolution geometry which puts the rider in the sweet, balanced spot on the bike and the ride experience goes up, way up. Then, add Boost 148 spacing because tire and wheel options are a good thing. Top it off with internal routing for a dropper post and you've made one capable bike even more capable.
- Boost 148 spacing allows for tire/wheel options and more clearance.
- A proper tapered head tube allows riders to keep up with front fork technology.
- Internal dropper post routing.
- [R]evolution geometry makes for better handling.
- Forged chainstay/bottom bracket junction allows for better stiffness and tire clearance
You're looking for a capable bike. You just found one. Modern geometry and amenities make this bike hard to pass up. And sure, you can say what you will about other aluminum hardtails, just don't say it about this one.
Technical specification and geometry
- BB type: 73 mm PF30 BB Shell (Adapters Required For BSA Type BBs)
- Shock size: N/A)
- Shock mounting hardware: N/A
- Shock sag: N/A
- Seatpost size: 30.9
- Seat collar size: 34.9
- Front derailleur: 34.9 Side Swing, Front Pull Front Derailleur
- Headset: 1.125" X 1.5" Tapered Integrated (Campy Style) Head Tube, Headset Included, Cane Creek Description: IS42/28.6 | IS52/40
- Bearing specs: N/A
- Rear wheel spacing: 148x12 mm
- Bottle mount location descriptions: Medium, Large, Xl Have Two Bottle Mounst Inside Triangle, S And Xs Have One Bottle Mount Inside Triangle
- Max tire size: Can Fit Up To A 29 X 2.4 Or 27.5 X 3.0 Tire (Tire Sizes Vary By Brand, Some Tires May Not Fit)
- Chainring configurations: Compatible With Standard 1X, 2X And 3X Systems
- 1x max chain ring size: 34T - Boost Chainring Recommended
- Q-Factor: 168 mm
- Max fork travel: 120 mm
- ISCG compatibility: No
- Max rotor size: Post Mount Disc Brake - 180 mm Max Rotor Size
- Fork offset: Designed Around 51Mm Offset
- Biocentric: Compatible With BioCentric 30
Frame: Air 9 Boost
Fork: Rockshox Revelation RC 120 mm
Wheels: TFHPC Grinder 15/12x148 XD
Front tire: WTB Vigilante 2.3 Tubeless Light Fast Rolling
Rear tire: WTB Vigilante 2.3 Tubeless Light Fast Rolling
Front brake: Formula Cura
Rear brake: Formula Cura
Front disc: Formula fixed 180 mm
Rear disc: Formula fixed 160 mm
Bottom bracket: SRAM NX Eagle DUB 175 mm 32 teeth
Bearings: SRAM DUB
Chain: SRAM NX Eagle
Cassette: SRAM PG1230 11-50
Rear derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle
Shifters: SRAM NX Eagle Trigger
Stem: TFHPC +-5º 80 mm
Handlebar: TFHPC Alu 710 mm
Grips: TFHPC silicone
Seatpost: TFHPC Comp 30.9x410
Saddle: Ergon SM10